• Your design leaves a little to be desired for me. Your purple background does not really match your blue, black, and silver gradient boards.Either stick with the purple, black and silver, or blue, black and silver.
• I'm not a fan of the table at the top, with the tables inside the table. I would just make three columns and leave it at that, perhaps bold your headers. Also, you don't need to tell your members that you don't know how to make links, just that they are "coming soon".
Links, for the record, are like this in HTML:
• Your banner at the top is neat, I would consider making it larger or your welcome table transparent and borderless so that you dont' have the black space around it, both of those codes can be found in Proboards' Code Index.
Categories and Boards:
• Pretty well organized, though I'm curious why you have your floors organized top to bottom. Personal preference I suppose, but first to seventh would make more sense to me.
• I would hide your staff board; only staff need see that.
• Your "HP houses" code isn't working, I don't know if it is compatible with the hack manager. :/
• You have a good number of members for your board age, as well as your number of posts and topics.
• Your grammar is a bit hazy. Try asking for some beta help on things like category descriptions, table content, rules, etc.
9. Do not post anything with graphic sexual content. Pictures containing naked people or parts of naked people, or animals in the act of doing sexual things are not allowed. Doing so may result in an instant ban. Please keep all posts PG-13 or under. Unless the forum is for adults!(Which even then there is not allowed to be naked people, Half naked is ok)
That's a no-no, no adult boards on Proboards, PG-13 is the limit.
• It's obvious, through the grammar, that some of your rules are from elsewhere. Either credit your source or reword the rules into your own summary.
• Since you are an RPG, separating rules that are specifically IC would be helpful.
Overall rate: 4/10
Off to a good start, but there are definitely some things that could use improving
for the rules.. I already have permission to use it they know I'm using it.. So no credit is needed since I already asked them about it (They made most of the rules for me). The credit was given per word of mouth.
I have already taken that board off..but just forgot to revise the rules..
First of all... I'm not going to give a full critique. I own a HP RPG forum and I know I tend to be a bit rough on other HP forum owners and I don't want to do that. I checked out your forum (great to scout out competition ) and read over the other critique and decided to put my own too cents in.
(By the way... my forum takes place after DH too, before the epilogue and after Ginny would have graduated. Thought that was funny.)
1) The purple background kind of bothers me too. It doesn't flow with the rest of your skin. It also tiles which is a personal pet peeve of mine. 2) I'm not really a far of your table inside a table either. Looks kind of... well messy. Course you might think that's the pot calling the kettle black! If you look at my forum [red]link removed[/red] you can see I've gone table crazy! lolz. 3) I like your banner too. I would suggest the same thing Trublu did or to use a code to resize at least your welcome table so there isn't any black space 4) I like the way you organized your boards. I do the same thing. Trublu - if you read this - the reason I organize that way is two fold (1) the dungeons are at the bottom of the forum just like the castle with the towers on top and (2) I've found most people go to the grounds and likes so putting them at the bottom of the forum gets them to scroll. They're more likely to visit the other areas.
I'll leave it there because I know me and I'll likely start ripping into you unnecessarily just because you have a rival board.
adminnote:Admin Note: No links to your own forum, please.
'With a grain of salt' is the literal translation of a Latin phrase 'cum grano salis' and means that a measure of scepticism should be applied regarding a claim; that it should not be blindly accepted and believed without any doubt.
Well of course if the members like it you shouldn't change it, but you can alter parts so it flows better. My main suggestion, as far as the skin goes, is using one that looks more professional or fluid for your main one. The one guests see when they visit. If you members like the current one you don't have to get rid of it.
It is true you'll always find worse things and you tables aren't 'bad' just not what I, or it appears Trublu, would choose but to each their own right?