If you're looking for someone to help you out with your forum, you might consider some of the following:
• Ask for a resume. Make sure the person can actually do what they say they can do, and that you like the kind of work that they've done in the past.
• Don't give them the entire board on the first day! It's a good invitation to spammers and people who ruin boards for fun if you're giving out admin positions with full powers to people you don't know.
• Be patient! Don't give someone a position just for responding, and wait until your board grows a little bit before you start offering staff positions. You won't really need them until it gets busy!
• Keep some things to yourself. Things like the original board password, and the permissions to delete the board & categories/boards are powers that you should probably keep to yourself.
• Finally, don't be afraid to interview someone who applies! Ask them why they want the job, and how much time they have to commit.
When you post an ad:
• Please do not bump unless your ad has both fallen off the first page ]and more than 24 hours has gone by.